Hotspots2c offers booking agents and passengers a way to earn rewards and commission through our different reseller programmes. Travel agents, online partners and travel bloggers can earn commission through the sale of certain tour packages. Have a look below which programme best suits you and then get in contact with us to apply.
Please note: Only selected Hotspots2c tours are available for resale as some tours, activities and accommodation items are exclusively sold on our own website. A single type of commission is possible per booking.
Hotspots2c's standard booking terms only act as a guideline and each tour product, accommodation or activity has its own set of specific terms that will take effect.
Once Hotspots2c accepts your booking by confirmation thereof – a contract is made between Hotspots2c, you and/or your agent upon the terms & conditions set out below. These terms are mainly for tour packages & booking specific terms are sent with each specific booking.
Refer to your booking’s specific terms & conditions as listed on your product's web page, as these specific terms can overrule general booking terms.
HOTSPOTS2C BOOKING INSTRUCTIONS AND TERMS
– A deposit is payable to reserve a booking.
– The deposit is accepted as a first instalment and reflected on your booking receipt, but your booking status will remain pending until full payment is received.
– Full payment is required at least 30 days before the departure/event date.
STANDARD TOUR BOOKING TERMS, unless the tour page has unique terms.
– 20% cancellation fee applies for cancellation received more than 30 days before;
– 50% cancellation fee applies for cancellation received between 29 to 7days before;
– 100% cancellation fee applies for cancellation received less than less than 7days before item's departure or start date.
PRIVATE & CUSTOM TOUR BOOKING TERMS, unless the tour page has unique terms.
– 20% cancellation fee will apply if a private tour booking is cancelled more than 30 days before the departure date;
– 50% cancellation fee will apply if a private tour booking is cancelled between 21 and 29 days from the departure date;
– 100% cancellation fee will apply if a private tour booking is cancelled within 20 days from the departure date.
– An admin fee may apply for cancellations done more than 30 days in advance, name-changes or date-change requests.
– All bookings require the full payment in order to confirm the booking and email the travel voucher.
– Cash payments can be paid to your local booking agent or local currency ZAR (Rand) amount due can be deposited in Hotspots2c’s bank account. Hotspots2c can only accept ZAR currency.
– Visa and Master credit cards are accepted for online payments.
– The balance of the booking price must be paid no later than 30 days before the scheduled departure/ event date.
– Proof of payment needs to be supplied on direct debits/ electronic bank transfers.
– With multi-bookings, full payment is due no later than 30 days before the first scheduled departure/event date.
– If payment isn’t made by the due date, Hotspots2c may assume that you cancelled and our cancellation charges in accordance will be levied to you or the travel agent who made the booking.
– Tickets, shows and flights are to be paid in full and are not refundable. No travel vouchers or tour documents will be emailed until full payment has been received by Hotspots2c.
– In the case of late- or last minute bookings made within 30 days of the departure or event date, the full cost of the booking will be payable.
- Quotes are only valid for 24hours - unless specifically specified otherwise, especially if it is not priced in South African Rand currency.
– All date change requests must be sent to your booking agent or hotspots2c directly. It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure Hotspots2c is aware of the change or cancellation request. If a booking was made through a travel agent, you must contact the booking agent to arrange refunds – if refunds are applicable.
– Credit card payments can take a few days to be paid into the Hotspots2c Bank Account. Cancellations on card transactions will only be considered after the payment has been received in the Hotspots2c bank account.
– Refund payments can only be paid back in the original method of payment to Hotspots2c.
– Discounted sales are final and non-refundable.
LUGGAGE & STORAGE ON TOUR
– Each fare paying passenger is permitted to take, free of charge and AT OWN RISK, two pieces of luggage of a total mass not exceeding +/- 35 pounds (20kg). Contact us well in advance to make arrangements for extra luggage.
– Pack light for day or weekend trips. A backpack is ideal for short 1 or 2 day trips.
– Bring a warm jacket for cold evenings or open vehicle 4×4 game drives.
– Insect-repellent & sunscreen lotion is advisable.
– Comfortable walking shoes and hat for hikes is necessary.
– Bath towels are available at most accommodation providers, ask your guide on the tour.
– Hotspots2c does not provide personal travel insurance cover for passengers.
– Hotspots2c cannot be held liable for the loss or damage to passengers’ luggage, hand luggage or personal effects.
– Passengers should ensure that they are adequately insured, enquire from your insurer what exactly you are insured for in terms of adventure or high-risk activities.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES ON SCHEDULED JOIN GROUP PACKAGES
– Tour optional activities are charged additionally, and can be reserved before the tour, but can only be paid while on tour. (You can pay by credit/debit card or draw cash at ATM stops on tour)
– Tour optional activities are offered and scheduled as part of each tour’s free-time to personalise your trip. No activities are compulsory, but they turn a great trip into an unforgettable one.
– Tour optional activities are pre-booked for your convenience, but are weather dependent and can therefore only be paid/confirmed on the day of the activity.
– Optional activities cannot be guaranteed as most of them are subject to weather conditions and all optional activities scheduled on tour are provided by third parties, so Hotspots2c does not have full control over these activities.
MEALS & DRINKS ON SCHEDULED JOIN GROUP PACKAGES
– Most meals and drinks are usually not included, the ideal opportunity to experience typical South African cuisine at local eating spots. Do check the tour's specific included and excluded section to verify.
– Breakfast for each overnight is mostly at the accommodation's kitchen/restaurant in the morning. Most packages include breakfast.
– Lunch will be en-route with limited time & limited options to choose from. (budget ±R50 to R90 per afternoon)
– Dinner-time (budget ±R90 to R150 per evening) during multi-day tours is scheduled in free-time after each day’s tour. You can dine out at leisure; or book meals with the overnight accommodation that day. Your guide can show you the local restaurants, or most backpackers even have communal kitchens to prepare your own food, if you wish to buy the ingredients on tour to prepare your own meals. No need to take any meals with you on tour, you can buy meals en-route.
DEPARTURE / PICKUP & DROP OFF TIMES
– Pick up time for Join GROUP tour packages are early morning, usually ranging between ±6am and ±8am. You can contact us a day before your tour departs to confirm your pickup time for your specific address. Pickup times are only available a day before the tour departs as we need the most updated list of travelers and the different pickup addresses for each customer to work out the best pickup route.
– The included pick-up transfer shuttle will operate in a round-trip to collect all travellers en-route, your pickup address may be first, in the middle or last on the pick-up transfer route.
– The included transfer service collects from any Cape Town accommodation or street address within ±10km radius of the city centre, as well as Stellenbosch and Somerset West town centres. The included pick-up transfer service before the tour will return you back to your original pickup address after the tour, if not mentioned otherwise.
– Pick-up times may vary by 30 minutes due to traffic. Passengers can contact Hotspots2c if the shuttle service is running more than 30 minutes behind schedule.
– Passengers must be at the departure point at the confirmed pick-up time to avoid delays.
– Drop-off times after each day & after the tour can range from late afternoon to early evening and can vary between ±5pm to ±10pm.
– Please do not make any scheduled arrangements (especially flights) for the first or last day of the tour, as traffic and weather can delay the approximate pick-up and drop-off times. Hotspots2c makes all reasonable effort to keep to the tour’s scheduled timetable, but no liability whatsoever can be accepted for unplanned changes or late arrivals due to factors out of our control.
– Tour itineraries are only listed as guidelines and are subject to change without notice. All highlights included in the tour price are scheduled and will be visited en-route but in no specific order.
– The exact itinerary can on occasion run in reverse or a different order.
– See the tour-specific details in regards to the distance travelled per day or duration of the multi-day tour. Days are usually full, with late arrivals at the accommodation each afternoon/early evening.
PREFERRED PACKAGE ACCOMMODATION
These are the accommodation suppliers we prefer to use in our SCHEDULED Join GROUP multi-day tour packages.
– According to availability at time of booking confirmation, accommodation will be in the mentioned options or in one of a similar standard and star rating.
– All accommodation packages for multi-day tours do include bed and bedding – including linen + pillow for each night’s stay. You can ask for extra towels from the backpackers or guesthouse (small refundable deposit may be required) during your stay.
– Tour packages are priced per person (pp) for dorm room tour packages.
– Double or Twin Accommodation can only be booked in pairs (eg. couple or two friends), as these prices are listed per person sharing. Two fair-paying passengers are required to book for any double or twin bedroom tour packages.
– Hotspots2c reserves the right to vary prices advertised to cover any increase in fuel price, accommodation and activity related costs.
ACCOMMODATION STYLES PER TOUR PACKAGE
BUDGET accommodation packages stay at lively atmosphere backpacker hostels with shared bathrooms, and a basic breakfast included in the tour price. The budget single rooms at backpacker hostels normally only offer shared bathroom facilities. Some budget accommodation providers may offer ensuite or private bathrooms for single rooms – but this is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Please ask about this specifically when booking.
3-STAR & 4-STAR accommodation packages stay at cosy guesthouses in a peaceful environment, that is situated away from the backpackers accommodation. Each room has en-suite or private bathrooms and includes breakfast for each overnight stay.
– Dorm package: offers single bunk beds, sharing with 6 to +/-12 people in a mixed gender (male & female) group room.
– Double package: offers 1 double bed in a private room. Charged per person sharing – 2 people required per booking.
– Twin package: offers 2 single beds in a private room. Charged per person sharing – 2 people required per booking.
– Triple/Family room package: offers a double bed with a pull-out sofa bed in a private room. This rate is only available on request and mostly available for private tours. Charged per person sharing – 3 people required per booking.
– Single package: offers 1 bed for 1 person in a private room.
Hotspots2c does not work with upgrade fees. Standard multi-day Hotspots2c package rates already include the accommodation and included highlights in the package price quoted. If you wish to choose a different accommodation package; simply refer to that specific accommodation option package rate quoted.
Changes to accommodation package after booking is confirmed & paid is possible, but only if requested more than 30 days before departure date at an additional admin fee plus the difference in price for the newly selected package option. Upgrades of accommodation options are allowed for customers that are on the tour already, subject to availability, but the full rate for the upgraded room option needs to be paid by the customer – directly to the accommodation provider.
– PRIVATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOUR PACKAGES are available and are priced for private en-suite rooms with 2 or 3 people sharing. An uneven number of travellers will be placed in a triple room with 3 person occupancy. Please inform us in advance if single beds or double beds are required. Children under 11 years of age qualify for a child-rate, and each child must be accompanied by a fare-paying adult.
– It is your responsibility to have a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates required for your selected booking as well as any necessary vaccinations to comply with all applicable laws.
– Some activities and adventure tour packages require a certain level of fitness. Hotspots2c must be advised of any medical conditions or physical disability requiring special attention before you book. If you do not advise us at this stage, we may refuse to accept your booking, or cancel your trip upon departure. We may also refuse you if we feel that the package chosen is not suitable without a suitably qualified (fare paying) companion. Hotspots2c will not be responsible for the failure to provide these services.
– You understand that you are obliged to notify Hotspots2c of any medical condition that might affect you during any activity while on tour with Hotspots2c so that special precaution can be taken beforehand.
– In spite of the fact that every effort is made to ensure your safety, you undertake the tour(s) at your own risk.
– You hereby undertake to abide by the following terms and conditions of operations and indemnity. You understand that participating in the activities during a Hotspots2c tour is at your own risk. This means you will not be able to take any legal action against, and to indemnify, hold harmless and absolve Hotspots2c, it’s owner, managers, directors, guides and agents from claims and or liability in connection with loss or damage to property, injury or even death, arising from accident or negligence of the above parties or from any cause whatsoever during an activity organised by Hotspots2c.
– In the event that you elect to participate in any activity while on tour with Hotspots2c, you hereby declare that you are fit and in good health, and that you will notify the different activity centers of any other health or physical disability you have, eg. pregnancy and spinal, back and hip injuries, osteoporosis and epilepsy. You are prepared to act responsibly at all times and participate in tour or adventure activities at your own risk.
– You also undertake to pay all the cost of medical rescue and or medical treatment and transportation and evacuation in case of an emergency.
– You agree to obey all the instructions given by Hotspots2c guides at all times.
– No dogs, animals or firearms are allowed on tour.
– Smoking and the use of alcohol and/or drugs on any Hotspots2c vehicle is prohibited and forbidden by law. Hotspots2c reserves the right not to transport any passenger who enters any Hotspots2c vehicle whilst intoxicated.
WHAT IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
– If you wish to change to an alternate date or want to change to a different package, it will be subject to availability and transfer or date change fees.
– If the date change is made more than 30 days before the travel/departure date; a 15% DATE CHANGE fee applies and excludes the cost of the upgrade or price difference, that will also be added.
– Hotspots2c reserves the right to change or cancel your booking in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control.
– If an alternative is not available or acceptable you will be entitled to either a full refund of monies paid by you to us or transfer to another Hotspots2c package without transfer fees.
– If the change or cancellation is due to force majeure (i.e. circumstances like political unrest, closure of airports, industrial disputes, fire, epidemic or health risk, Acts of God, adverse weather conditions or other similar events beyond Hotspots2c's control) we can give a partial refund of monies paid; less reasonable expenses incurred by us in respect of your booking.
– Hotspots2c is not responsible for the costs of any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancellations or rescheduling of any departure.
DEFINITE DEPARTURES FOR 'JOIN GROUP" SCHEDULED TOURS
– Our scheduled GROUP tours are guaranteed to depart, so you never have to worry about your tour being cancelled at the last minute. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it – you’re going, guaranteed.
– We know that travel plans are often made long in advance and we do not wish to interrupt your travel schedule just because the tour did not reach a minimum amount of passengers. We do not have set minimums for our standard group tours to guarantee them to depart. Your booked and paid trip won’t be cancelled by us except in unsafe or harsh weather conditions.
– In the rare occasions when you might be the only person booked for a specific departure date; you will be given the choice to either move to an alternative date for the same tour or be upgraded to a similar tour departing on the same day – at no extra cost – or if you do wish to tour alone with the tour guide; you will still tour on your booked & paid tour.
– Regrettably, optional activities or excursions cannot be guaranteed as most are subject to third parties and weather conditions.
YOUR FULL CONSENT
– You give full consent to Hotspots2c in regards to the use of any written, documented, video or photo content taken during the trip/tour to be used for marketing purposes, be it online, printed or verbal. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such content for Hotspots2c’s own publicity and promotional purposes.
AGE RESTRICTIONS / AGE LIMITS
– No infants or children under 12 years of age allowed on scheduled GROUP tour packages.
– Children under 18 years (12 to 17 years) of age must be accompanied with a suitable or suitably qualified, fare-paying adult companion.
– Families with small children or infants can be booked on an exclusive ‘family friendly’ PRIVATE tour package.
– There are no set age limits on group tour packages, but the tour is designed for young-at-heart travellers.
– Only one discount per booking. Discounts only apply on the STANDARD rate. Promo-codes can only be redeemed against the standard Join GROUP TOUR PACKAGE prices.
– Discounts are only available on JOIN GROUP TOUR packages, and not applicable to upgrades, options, or PRIVATE- and SELF DRIVE packages.
– GROUP DISCOUNTS need to be booked at the same time, for the same tour option/package and can only be paid in one transaction.
GREEN YOUR TRAVEL
Hotspots2c plants trees with Greenpop every month to reduce our carbon footprint. You can also sponsor a tree to be planted on your behalf with our friends at www.greenpop.org and be part of urban greening, environmental education and reforestation projects within Southern African communities. Ask us about the option to add a tree to your booking.
– E-mail addresses or contact information will not be sold, rented or leased to 3rd parties. E-mails may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us or our affiliates.
– Log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit.
– Personal information entered during booking process can be used to enhance the visitor’s experience when using the website to display personalised content and possibly advertising.
– Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website. Where registration is required, the visitor’s email and a username will be stored on the server. If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in any e-mails that you receive. You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
For water-related information, view http://www.waterwesterncape.com/
Hotspots2c tours will run as normal and guests will have adequate water for essential daily needs. Our suppliers have sound contingency plans in place and all tourism activities, hotels, restaurants, emergency services, and more will be fully operational. In short, your Hotspots2c tour will still be as epic as always and our beautiful city is eagerly awaiting your arrival.
3D SECURE PAYMENTS
– Hotspots2c’s online transactions are protected by our integrated payment gateway and booking system’s robust double firewall, SSL encryption – including 3D Secure authentication and fraud detection.
– 3D Secure is a method enforced by Card Associations to enhance security and protect you from fraudulent transactions.
– If your card is registered for 3D Secure, you will be redirected to a pop-up window during the online sale, requesting you to enter a One Time Pin (OTP). By entering this OTP you prove that the online transaction is authentic and that you are the cardholder.
– The OTP can either be sent to you by text message or email – but only to contact details that are already set up and linked to your bank account. It is important to have access to these communication channels during the online card payment process, as you will need to enter the password to authenticate the payment within a minute after card details are entered.
– If your card isn’t registered for 3D Secure, or if it is your first time shopping online in South Africa, your bank will inform you how to register your card for this required function.
– Contact your bank for more info, or if you have problems with completing the 3D secure authentication process. International cardholders might also need to first get approval from their bank to use the card online for foreign currency (ZA Rand) sales or to increase daily spending limit to match the sale amount.QUERIES / FEEDBACK
– Feel free to ‘like’ us on Facebook to share your memories of your Hotspots2c experience. Your feedback is very important to us.
– Should you have any comments or complaints with respect to Hotspots2c, you should inform us in writing, within 14 days of the incident, as we will not be able to consider complaints thereafter.
> The terms and conditions may be subject to further changes and will be updated online on a regular basis.